When you access our website we automatically collect from your device referring URL, cookies, language settings, IP address, time zone, type and model of a device, device settings, operating system, Internet service provider, mobile carrier, hardware ID, Facebook ID, and other unique identifiers (such as IDFA and AAID). We need this data to provide our services, analyze how our customers use the website and measure ads. For improving the website and serving ads, we use third-party solutions.
As a result, we may process data using solutions developed by Akamai, Amazon, Facebook, Google, Firebase, OneSignal, PubMatic, Sendios, and Sentry. Therefore, some of the data is stored and processed on the servers of such third parties. This enables us to
(1) analyze different interactions (what articles our users viewed);
(a) contact us and request deletion of your data;
(b) leave the Website and not access or use it; and
(c) cancel any active email subscriptions.
“CCPA” means the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018. “GDPR” means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data. “EEA” includes all current member states to the European Union and the European Free Trade Association. For the purpose of this policy EEA shall include the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. “Process”, in respect of personal data, includes to collect, store, and disclose to others.
1. PERSONAL DATA CONTROLLER ProgressNewsGH. Media Limited, a company registered under the laws of the Republic of Ghana, having it’s registered in Accra Ghana. controller of your personal data.
3. FOR WHAT PURPOSES WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA: To provide our Service This includes enabling you to use the Service in a seamless manner and preventing or addressing Service errors or technical issues.
To customize your experience We process your personal data to adjust the content of the Service and provide content tailored to your personal preferences.
To communicate with you regarding your use of our Service We communicate with you, for example, by email. These may include, for example, emails with information about the Service.
To opt-out of receiving emails, you need to follow the unsubscribe link located in the footer of the email or by contacting our support team at [email protected]
. Researching and analysing your use of the Service helps us to better understand our business, analyze our operations, maintain, improve, innovate, plan, design, and develop the Service and our new products.
We also use such data for statistical analysis purposes, to test and improve our offers. This enables us to better understand what categories of users use our Services. As a consequence, we often decide how to improve the Service based on the results obtained from this processing.
For example, if we discover that users are not interested in Gossip News, we may focus on improving it or replacing it with another news category. To send you marketing communications We process your personal data for our marketing campaigns. As a result, you will receive information about our products, such as, for example, special offers or new features and products available on the Website.
We may show you advertisements on our Website, and send you emails for marketing purposes. If you do not want to receive marketing emails from us, you can unsubscribe by following instructions in the footer of the marketing emails or by contacting our support team at [email protected]
We may also show you advertisements on the Website, and send you to push notifications for marketing purposes.
To opt-out of receiving push notifications, you need to chan To personalize our ads We and our partners use your personal data to tailor ads and possibly even show them to you at the relevant time. For example, if you visited our Website, you might see ads for our products in your Facebook feed.
We may target advertising to you through a variety of ad networks and exchanges, using data from advertising technologies on and off of our Services like unique cookies, or similar tracking technology, pixel, device identifiers, geolocation, operation system information, and email.
We may also use data collected from a particular browser or device with another computer or device that is linked to the browser or device on which such data was collected. Certain third parties, for example, PubMatic, a company that develops and implements online advertising software and strategies for the digital publishing and advertising industry, and its demand partners here, may use statistical identification or other non-cookie technologies (such as eTags and web or browser cache) on our Website, and browser settings that block cookies may have no effect on such technologies.
How to opt-out or influence personalized advertising
iOS: On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Privacy > Apple Advertising and deselect Personalized Ads.
Android: To opt out of ads on an Android device, go to Settings > Privacy > Ads and enable Opt out of Ads personalization. In addition, you can reset your advertising identifier in the same section (this also may help you to see less personalized ads).
To learn even more about how to affect advertising choices on various devices, please look at the information available here. macOS: On your MacBook, you can disable personalized ads: go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy, select Apple Advertising, and deselect Personalized Ads.
Windows: On your laptop running Windows 10, you shall select Start > Settings > Privacy and then turn off the setting for Let apps use advertising ID to make ads more interesting to you based on your app activity. If you have another Windows version, please follow the steps here. To learn even more about how to affect advertising choices on various devices, please look at the information available here. In addition, you may get useful information and opt out of some interest-based advertising, by visiting the following links: Network
Advertising Initiative – https://optout.networkadvertising.org/ Digital Advertising Alliance – https://optout.aboutads.info/ Digital Advertising Alliance (Canada) – https://youradchoices.ca/choices Digital Advertising Alliance (EU) – https://www.youronlinechoices.com/ DAA AppChoices page – https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices Browsers: It is also may be possible to stop your browser from accepting cookies altogether by changing your browser’s cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser. The following links may be helpful, or you can use the “Help” option in your browser. Cookie settings in Internet Explorer Cookie settings in Firefox Cookie settings in Chrome Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS Google allows its users to opt-out of Google’s personalized ads and to prevent their data from being used by Google Analytics. To enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use and to prevent and combat fraud We use personal data to enforce our agreements and contractual commitments, to detect, prevent, and combat fraud. As a result of such processing, we may share your information with others, including law enforcement agencies (in particular, if a dispute arises in connection with our Terms and Conditions of Use). To comply with legal obligations We may process, use, or share your data when the law requires it, in particular, if a law enforcement agency requests your data by available legal means.
4. UNDER WHAT LEGAL BASES WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA In this section, we are letting you know what legal basis we use for each particular purpose of processing. For more information on a particular purpose, please refer to Section
3. This section applies only to EEA-based users. We process your personal data, in particular, under the following legal bases: your consent; Under this legal basis we: Send you marketing communications. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by using the unsubscribe link in the footer of our emails. We will also send you to push notifications if you allow us to. You can disable notifications at any time in the settings of your device. Store or access information on your devices via cookies and other tracking technologies. to perform our contract with you; Under this legal basis we: Provide our Service (in accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Use) Customize your experience Provide you with customer support Communicate with you regarding your use of our Service for our (or others) legitimate interests unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data; We rely on legitimate interests: to personalize our ads Our legitimate interest for this purpose is our interest in improving our Service so that we understand users’ preferences and are able to provide you with a better experience (for example, to make the use of the Website easier and more enjoyable, or to introduce and test new features). to personalize our ads The legitimate interest we rely on for this processing is our interest to promote our Service in a reasonably targeted way. to enforce our Terms and Conditions of Use and to prevent and combat fraud Our legitimate interests for this purpose are enforcing our legal rights, preventing and addressing fraud and unauthorised use of the Service, non-compliance with our Terms and Conditions of Use. to compliance with legal obligations.
6. HOW YOU CAN EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS To be in control of your personal data, you have the following rights: Accessing / reviewing/updating / correcting your personal data. You may review, edit, or change the personal data previously provided on the Website. Deleting your personal data.You can request the erasure of your personal data as permitted by law. When you request the deletion of your personal data, we will use reasonable efforts to honour your request. In some cases, we may be legally required to keep some of the data for a certain time; in such an event, we will fulfil your request after we have complied with our obligations. Objecting to or restricting the use of your personal data.You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data or limit our use thereof. Additional information for EEA-based users: If you are based in the EEA, you have the following rights in addition to the above: The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. We would love you to contact us directly, so we could address your concerns. Nevertheless, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State where you reside, work or where the alleged infringement has taken place. The right to data portability. If you wish to receive your personal data in a machine-readable format, you can send a respective requests to us as described below. To exercise any of your privacy rights, please send a request to [email protected]
7. AGE LIMITATION We do not knowingly process personal data from persons under 16 years of age. If you learn that anyone younger than 16 has provided us with personal data, please contact us.
10. FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides additional rights to know, delete and opt-out. It requires us to disclose what personal information we have collected, used, and shared over the last 12 months. Section 2 describes the personal information we have collected about you, including the sources of that information. We collect this information for the purposes described in Section 3. We share this information as described in Section 5. Under CCPA you as a California resident have the following rights, which you may exercise by yourself or you may designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf: Right of Know. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the personal information we collect, use, or disclose. Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information that we have collected from you. Right to Opt-Out. CCPA requires that we maintain a separate webpage that allows you to opt-out of the sale of your personal information, which can be accessed by clicking the link. Right to Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights. We will not deny you our services, charge you different prices, or provide you with a lower quality of services if you exercise your rights under the CCPA. You may designate, in writing or through a power of attorney, an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights under the CCPA. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require the agent to provide proof you have authorized it to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us. To exercise any of your privacy rights, please send a request to [email protected]
. California’s Shine the Light law gives California residents the right to ask companies once a year what personal information they share with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Learn more about what is considered to be personal information under the statute. To obtain this information from us, please send an email message to [email protected]
which includes “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and your state of residence and email address in the body of your message. If you are a California resident, we will provide the requested information to you at your email address in response.
12. HOW “DO NOT TRACK” REQUESTS ARE HANDLED Various browsers (including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari) offer a DNT option that relies on a technology known as a DNT header that sends a signal to websites visited by the browser user about the user’s DNT preference. You can usually access your browser’s DNT option in your browser’s preferences. We currently do not support “Do Not Track” requests because no DNT standard has been adopted. Our third-party services may collect information about your and your online activities over time and across our Services and other online properties. These third parties may not change their tracking practices in response to DNT settings in your web browser and we do not obligate these parties to honour DNT settings. To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honour the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
. Effective as of: 24 August 2022.